January 30, 2011

The World Of Color

Last Sunday my friend Amy and I decided spur-of-the-moment (just our style ;)) to take our girls to Disneyland for the week. We left Monday afternoon and spent the most amazing SUNNY week in California and we loved every minute of it! We lucked out and had weather between 75-80 degrees the entire week. It did mama's body good....











Brynn surprised me by being 42 inches and could ride most of the rides in the park (she liked Thunder Mountain and Maderhorn the best I think and didn't really like pirates). We really enjoyed The World of Color show our second night there - it was amazing! We also took the kids to Ariel's Grotto one morning to have breakfast with the princesses. Brynn was in complete awe and was so adorable to watch with the princesses. She went right in for the hug and had them sign her autograph book. She was a little disappointed that she never got to see Jazmin and Princess Tiana on this trip but we'll have to go back another time to make sure to catch up with them.




I can't tell you how wonderful this week has been. It was totally worth it to soak up some rays and see the light of day for a week. After Amy and I put the kids to bed each night we ordered fruit smoothies and sat out in the warm night air on our awesome patio and talked and ate sunflower seeds. We walked to the park each morning and you couldn't wipe the smile off my face as we walked along in short sleeves underneath the palm trees... ahhhhh. I told Matt at the end of the week that he may just have to come down and drag me back to the cold dark valley cause I couldn't force myself to do it ;). We made it home all safe even though it ended up being quite the journey! Brynn & I were so excited to see Daddy & Gavin.

We hit Sea World the last day of our trip and Brynn loved the dolphin/diving/dancing bird show the very best (the frozen lemonade & popcorn topped it off). It was a wonderful trip & we can't wait for our next Sunny trip the end of February. This time we get to go with Daddy and Gavin along for extra amounts of fun.


Thanks Amy, Tia, & Kendall for sharing this awesome adventure with us~!
And Thank You Auntie Ellie & Grandma Miller for watching Gavers while we played!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.